Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'll be in America for Christmas

Hey everyone!

I will be in America for Christmas! :-)

My flight lands December 21 and I will stay until January 4th or 5th. I am so excited!

I do not yet have my ticket to return to the Philippines, so I am not sure which day I will come back here. Please pray for wisdom and finances for me to be able to make this purchase. I would like to make the purchase this week.

There are many different flight combinations to choose from and I want to be a wise steward of my money and time. The cheapest one way ticket (from DFW to MNL) I have found is around $800. And that is cheap! Roundtrip is around $1300 or more, but I don't know when I want to go back to the states next year, so I'm not sure roundtrip is the best option. However, I have to have a departure from the Philippines ticket in order to even enter the country. So, I could buy another cheaper ticket from the Philippines to a surrounding Asian country and either not get on the flight, or go there for a short trip. But I don't know which Asian country I would want to go to or when the cheapest flights there would be.

It's all confusing, so bottom line... pray for the right ticket combination!

It will be a very busy time of year for everyone, and I will be traveling to various places while I am there. But, I want to let you all know so that I can try to see at least some of you. I know that God has an amazing purpose in me being there for Christmas and I am so excited to see what it is!

On another note, I will update about my crazy wonderful life from the past week tomorrow. And I promise, I will post pictures soon! This news is just so exciting it had to have its own post!

2 comments:

  1. so excited we get to see you at Christmas. I have purchased books for your class and your mom said it would be cheaper to pay for them to go on the plane with you than to mail them so your mom has them. I will look for more. I picked only paperbacks, except for the dictionary and thesaurus, in case we were mailing them. Now that I know you will take them on the plane I will try to get some better ones.

    love you and am excited to see you - will be praying for wisdom regarding your ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please be praying about The One Thing conference as to whether or not you should go. In fact your family could go as well.

    ReplyDelete