Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Waiting Room

There are such mixed emotions while in the waiting room. There is an excitement and anticipation of the results, but so many questions that arise while waiting.

How do I carry myself here?

What tasks do I put my hands to?

There is not a whole lot to do except pray. And praying is what I am doing.

I am praying for the right time to tell my students what I am doing.

I am praying about how long I will be gone for.

I am praying about buying my plane ticket. Do I get a one way ticket? Do I plan on coming home at Christmas or Thanksgiving or at all? What day do I leave? What airline do I go with? How soon do I need to have this figured out?

I am praying about what to do with my stuff. I have a car that is paid off. What do I do with it now that I won't need it? Do I sell it, give it away, loan it out, store it?

What do I do with my furniture? Will I ever need it stateside again?

Is this for a season or forever?

What things do I need to buy to be ready? What do I need to pack? What do I need to get rid of and how?

Most of these questions do not need answers right now, I know. But they do need answers within the next few weeks. My weekly schedule is so demanding that I feel the need to make plans so things will actually happen.

I hope to meet with Gateway's Global Ministries department sometime soon and get some wisdom from them in how to walk down this road.

On a more exciting note... I bought a raincoat, hiking sandals, and a waterbottle for my trip! :-) REI is an amazing store! I could have spent so much more time (and money) there!

No comments:

Post a Comment