Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Purchase

I did it. I bought my ticket. Even as I sat there searching through all the possible combinations of flights, I knew God had already told me the dates and details. I made what probably seemed like a million phone calls to my parents at the worst possible times (like when they were in a meeting, out with friends, driving in school zones, taking a nap, working, etc.), each one ending with, "Raymi, we trust you. Go ahead." I called travel agencies, used Orbitz, texted friends, and finally ended with the cheapest price for the days I want to travel using Cathay Pacific.

My itinerary will be a little bit interesting to navigate solo, but I know Jesus is my Travel Buddy. :-)

I leave June 29th at 9:40pm. I arrive in San Francisco at 11:10pm. I leave for Hong Kong at 1:20am. I arrive in Hong Kong at 6:25am. I leave Hong Kong at 8:00am. I arrive in Manila on July 1 at 9:55am. On February 4th, God promised me a good gift in July. I wonder if my arrival there is that gift.

I will do all of this in reverse on December 21. I'm coming home for Christmas and will return to the Philippines shortly afterwards. I don't have to make those plans right now, though!! :-)

This all just seems so surreal. I am walking in my destiny! I am walking into being a full time missionary! I have wanted to do this since I was 14! My plan was to go as soon as I graduated High School. Here I am, only 6 years after high school, 10 years after the call was placed in my heart, with more experience than I thought possible, going to a place that exceeds my expectations! I am soooooo excited!!! But I am also in shock and awe. When you make Jesus the Boss and then obey, you get more than you bargained for, that's for sure! God is soooo good, so faithful! He truly causes all of His words to come to pass.

And He is the One who answers prayers. So, as I pray to finish well, tutoring at 7:15am tomorrow will have its dividends as well!

Oh, here is the organization's website: http://www.iflintl.com/ifl_new7-8-05_001.htm.

Here are links to other people's blogs who have visited IFL:

http://mikoacosta.multiply.com/photos/album/55/Institute_of_Foundational_Learning_Cabuyao_Laguna

http://www.prescriptionformercy.com/updates/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment