Monday, April 5, 2010

Building

The excitement is building! In 85 days, I will be on my way to a country I've never seen before to work with a people I've never known before who speak a language I've never heard of before this time.

And I am STOKED about all of it!

I got to talk to Pat the other day. (She's the founder and director of IFL.) I learned a few more things about what I will be doing and how to pray for the ministry there. The following is probable, but not 100% set in stone:

I will teach English to struggling learners. (This part is set in stone.) Therefore, I will probably have all ages in my class. This is a class I don't think they haven't had before.

Pat is praying about having me start a pilot program for Special Education (special needs kids) that would be potentially be replicated in the 250+ schools IFL oversees throughout the Philippines. A reason that I wouldn't do this is because I do not speak the language, and that would be very difficult for these types of kids to learn from me. I am praying for a supernatural gift with the language- that it would come easily and effortlessly. I would LOVE to teach these types of kids!

IFL needs $1.@ million dollars to build a holding school and training center made out of steel and concrete that would replace the current wooden infrastructures. They want to start before school starts on June 1st and hope to have it completed by October. IFL applied for a grant from a Swiss company for $600,000 (I think) that they find out this week if they won. Please pray for financial provision for this project.


On a different note... I am still praying about what to do with my car and my stuff. I have ideas, but I need a word from the Lord. It would be great if He confirmed it through 2-3 witnesses, too! :-) My days and weekends are quickly running out!

No comments:

Post a Comment