Sunday, April 25, 2010

Journal Reading

Prayer Requests:
  • My kids (students) are taking the third grade TAKS test on Tuesday and Wednesday. Praying for 100% passing rate, and 90% commended rate.
  • I am fighting a sinus infection, so healing.
  • Wisdom in every area of life.
  • Grace to learn Tagalog
  • For the right students to be placed in my future classes
God is SOOO cool!!

In preparation for the future, I am reading through old journals. Last summer, I taught ESL (English as a Second Language) Summer School. The summer school program had never been done before, so I got to design the scope and sequence of everything. I had 10 middle schoolers who had been in the states for two years or less. They represented 5 different languages, and 8 different countries. I had all levels of English in my class, in one room. It was an absolute blast and blessing!

I woke up on July 1, 2009 and wrote the following:

Lord, today is the last day of summer school. I'm so sad! This was the best job in the world! I know that third grade will be good, but please open up a position for me to teach ESL like this. Could I do something like this through the church? We have a huge Spanish population. I would love to teach them English! God, you are the director of my steps. Open the doors that need to be opened. Close the doors that need to be closed. Only You know the difference.

God has far exceeded my expectations!!!! And check out the date! I arrive in the Philippines exactly one year from the day I prayed this! No, I won't be teaching Spanish speakers there, but that was just my interpretation of things.

God blows my mind. He is so fun, so kind, so caring. I love agreeing with His heart in prayer and then being totally surprised when He fulfills His will. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment