Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Amazing Adventures!!

Hello everyone!

I am sitting in the Hong Kong airport a lot of hours after taking off. God is SOOOO good!!!

The last few days have been very busy with last minute errands, seeing friends for the last time and re-packing.

Monday, I was going to say bye to a friend and on my way, I got into a fender "painter." In the rain, someone hit my rear bumper, signaled to pull to a safer place, then didn't follow me there. I chased down a cop but decided not to file a police report because there was not enough damage to claim insurance. My neck was hurting from the whiplash, but I had already scheduled a chiropractor appointment, so that was taken care. I am fine now. I know it was just an attack of satan. I have no more pain and the only sign of the bump is some white paint on my car- the bumper isn't even cracked. And thank God that I didn't hit the car in front of me!

About 30 minutes before the "crash", my grandma informed me that she would put a check in the mail for the first 6 months of my living expenses in the Philippines. Unless something major happens, I won't have to get into my savings account! God is so faithful!! He is such my perfect provider!

Monday night He provided me with two friends to keep me company, and to help me repack everything. Lauren helped me get rid of soooo many useless articles of clothing and other stuff that I had thrown into my suitcase merely because I had room. I would not have been underweight on my luggage without her!

Jay, Michelle, Paige, Nathan, Mom, Dad, and Jack came to the airport to see me off. I was so glad they were all there. Jack even used his American Airlines Credit Union badge to get behind security and walk me to my gate. That meant soooo much to me!

On the plane to San Francisco, I took a little nap. As we were landing, I talked to my seat mates and found out that the girl by the window was also going to Manila. She is visiting friends who are missionaries there. She is the only person out of Dallas that is journeying all the same way. She has helped me so much in the airports. Only God could have put us on this journey at this time and put us on the same row on that first airplane when neither one us chose our seats for that flights!

I got to sleep on the flight to Hong Kong. It is beautiful here!

Ok, about to board my plane for Manila! It's been delayed 30 minutes so far. Praying that it's not more than that. I need coffee even though I slept! I think my SleepMD is still trying to work. lol.

Thank you all for so many prayers! The Lord is sooo good!

1 comment:

  1. Raymi,
    how awesome that God gave you a travel companion. He is so good.

    love you,
    aunt patti

    ReplyDelete