Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I think I'm in love.

I think I'm in love.

Don't worry, I've known the guy for a long time now and we've been best friends pretty much since we first met. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I can't imagine my life without him. We just clarified our relationship and I thought I'd let you know about it.

Ok, I won't lead you on anymore. His name is Jesus. :-) Hehehe. This isn't anything new. I just wanted to scare some people into thinking I met someone else. Did it work? lol.

On to the update.....

Friday, I woke up with a sore throat and had a low grade fever. I spent the day resting and praying, thinking I'd feel better soon. I went to bed really early that night. Saturday, I woke up with a sore throat and a 101*F fever. I slept through breakfast, nibbled for lunch, slept almost until dinner time. Only for about an hour did I have actually have the energy to take a shower and eat. No one was here to take care of me: my roommates had all left for the weekend. I laid there, in and out of consciousness, listening to the House of Prayer in Kansas City. I was desperate for the presence of God and for Him to heal me.

Here's a snapshot into my prayers while I was swallowing fire for two days: God, I love you. No one else is here to take care of me, so You have to. A husband vows to take care of his wife in sickness and in health. Well, I'm sick right now and You're it. So, however You choose to take care of me, I receive it. If you just give me the strength to take care of myself, I know that is how You are taking care of me. Even if you don't heal me, I just want to know You. I just want to love You.

God is so faithful. He answered my prayers.

Sunday morning, I was ready to go to a doctor. The campus nurse came and brought me some cough drops with an antibiotic in them. In just a few hours, my fever was gone and my throat was getting better. I found out later that Tita Pat had told the congregation that I was sick and they prayed for me. That night, I was able to attend the staff meeting and return to normal functioning. God is soooo good! I am still getting rid of phlegm, but I am otherwise back to normal. :-) Thank you also, to everyone who prayed for my healing. God answers prayers!

And God answered my prayers to fall more in love with Him, too. He really is the best thing that's ever happened to me!

Monday night, I was able to attend a Jesus Revolution meeting. It's called J*Rev for short. WAHOOOO is about all I can say! I felt like I was back at Gateway, at a Seven young adult service. I am so hungry and thirsty for the presence of God. Monday, I was temporarily satisfied. God's presence was thick in that place. And there was a freedom to dance. So, I danced my heart out before the Lord. It was awesome to see God move in that place, to change the hearts of the people, to ignite love and passion in them. I can't wait until next month when we meet again!

You may think dancing before God is strange, but David did it. Dance is not at all for me to be seen by men. Dance is an extension of worship. Worship is not about how God can bless me, but about how I can bless God. So, when I dance, it is about saying that God has set me from what others think of me. I dance for Him, not others. But wow, it's fun! :-)

In other news, I finally have found a time to meet with the worship group I'm starting. It's 5 am on Saturday morning. GOD, HELP ME! lol. (I am NOT a morning person!) The goal of this group is to build a foundation for worshippers and intercessors to learn to flow together and steward the presence of God in order for others to encounter Him. This group, I believe, is foundational to much of the ministry that will take place here at IFL in the future. Yes, I am called here to teach reading and to write curriculum, but this worship group is equal in its importance. Please keep us covered in prayer- especially that our time together would not be stolen.

In other news... I bought a new camera and an external hard drive last week. But, the printer I bought when I first came here isn't working. I am taking it back on Friday. Not having a printer is a huge delay in accomplishing my purposes here. It's a little thing, but pray that I can get it fixed without having to pay anything.

Also, pray that I can find books to use for teaching the students. We really don't have that many here and they are expensive and hard to find in the stores. Quality Filipino books are hard to find. Some published books here have MAJOR errors and are not suitable for using to teach with.

Thank you all so much for your prayers for me and for this ministry. God hears you when you pray. He moves at the sound of your voice. And He is answering your prayers. Bless you!

Here are some random pictures:



Jeremiah AKA No-No. (Can you guess why No-No is his nickname?!)
What happens when I don't do my laundry for 2 weeks. This is everything I own!
This is how I do my dishes. Notice the toilet.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Raymi- I giggled out loud a the picture of your clothes - Your classroom at school is just not the same when I walk by and it's all neat and tidy - I am so glad I saw this picture of your clothes - it made me miss you!! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about your worship group! Things are truly falling into place and fairly rapidly as well!

    P.S. - I was not in court when you messaged me. I was sleeping LOL

    ReplyDelete