Friday, October 1, 2010

Sore Throat + Possible Malaysia Trip

I have a sore throat. What's interesting though is that I have been asking God for an opportunity to rest. The sore throat has been accompanied by a very low grade fever. As a result, I have laid in bed all day listening to IHOP Kansas City, resting and reading the word. It's been really nice. My prayer is that this sore throat would cause my heart to soar with God afterwards.

Isaiah 40:31, "Those who wait for the Lord shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and soar close to God as eagles soar close to the sun..."

In my post yesterday, I mentioned the church in Malaysia. What I didn't mention is that Pastora Margaret invited me to come share on worship, dance, and prayer to the youth group (AKA her church). There is a group of people from IFL going there at the end of November and there is a possibility of me joining them to teach on these topics at this time. I don't know yet if this is the right timing, but I do sense from the Lord that I will go one day.

The only thing stopping me from going with the group at this time is transportation- that and follow up contact with the pastor (she doesn't have internet). The group is going for about 2 weeks and I can't be gone from here for that long. But I could go for a weekend that extends into the next week. There is not a direct flight there... I would take a plane from here to Singapore, take an hour long taxi ride to one airport in Malaysia, take another flight to a different Malaysian island, then take a vehicle to the final destination. So, if I travel there alone, it is potentially a difficult and inconvenient trip for all parties. I'm willing to do it and not afraid. The only real travel hiccup would be from the last airport to the ultimate destination. I don't yet know how long that trip is. If it is too long, that would stop me from going.

Please pray that contact can be made with the Malaysian coordinators so that if I get to go, I can get a good price on a ticket. I would LOVE to do this. It is one of those things that if I get to go, that's awesome, but if I don't, I know that I'll go later in life and won't be disappointed. As I always say, I want God ideas, not just good ideas. And I want God's timing, not mine.

1 comment:

  1. "... I want God ideas, not just good ideas."

    I love that and will be using that for years to come. In fact I will use ti this weekend with my students.

    Was great to catch up earlier today! I hope you are getting good rest now.

    ReplyDelete