Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Going back to "normal"

This week I'm finally getting back to my "normal" schedule- that is, the one before I had astronomy class.  That basically means I have my evenings "free" to garden again. :-)

Astronomy class is over.  I am now certified to train others in observing the heavens and its space objects from a Biblical worldview.  It was a lot of work and time, but SOOO worth it!  Now I know the names of the space objects that I am seeing or at least how to find out what they are.  I can't wait to observe and sketch again!

I have been putting the finishing touches on the teacher training I'm presenting this weekend.  I feel like I've tried to cram 3 years of college and 3 years of teaching into one training session.  Please pray that I present it well and that the teachers are able to understand and implement the things I present to them.  I will present Friday from 6pm-8pm and Saturday from 8am-5pm (Manila time).

Thursday, we are holding a special meeting for anyone interested in joining the Worship and Intercession Team.  We decided that it was better to have a separate meeting where we could give the application in an interview format rather than have the students fill out a paper and pencil application.  The application is in English and we don't want anyone to be so intimidated that they don't even try to join.  

Please pray for this night.  Please also pray that we hear God as to who is supposed to be a part of the team.  And, please pray for the discipleship process as we put together curriculum to train the new team.

Today, I bought my ticket to go meet the child that I sponsor!  I leave on Friday, March 4th to go to Cagayon De Oro on the island of Mindanoa.  I will meet up with a team from the states (Fullness In Christ Ministry) and drive with them to Iligan City to hold a pastor's conference.  The child I sponsor will be there on Saturday for me to meet her!  I'm so excited!  I will fly back to Manila on Tuesday, March 8th.  It's so great to be on this adventure with the Lord!

I'm still learning to sing, play guitar, make jewelry, write curriculum, write books, hang out with friends, dance, and keep my heart alive in love.  God's given me a supernatural grace to do all of this.  It comes only from a place of absolute dependence on Him.  I love my Beloved!

Fun extras:
I ate fried fish today.  The fish were less than 5 inches long and had their bones, fins, and heads still attached.  I ate all of that- including the eyeballs!  It was very good!

I also had fresh sugar cane today.  I think my jaws are going to be soar from all the chewing I did!

I found my hammer!  I feel more complete now. :-)  I even got to use it!

I think I could eat peanut butter all day, every day.

My second year high school students made me a giant Valentine's Day card and all signed it.  That made my day! :-)

I still hate mosquitoes.

I'm getting callouses from playing guitar. :-)

I actually have run out of things to say! (When does that ever happen????!! Haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment