Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wowsers! What a Week!

I have been so busy since I returned here!  I love it!

I've said it before and I will say it again.  Nothing stays the same here!

Last week, I was a substitute for 3 days for English and Values classes.  That meant I was also the lesson planner for those subjects.  I taught these classes in addition to my normal load of 3 SSRW classes a day and teaching Tina. cRaZy!! High schoolers take more effort to win than third graders!

Last Wednesday, there was a regional dance and academic competition for the preschool, so all of school was cancelled.  I was able to go to the chiropractor as well as extend my visa to March 7th.  While I was out, I went shopping.

I FOUND SPINACH!!!!!  I was SOOOOO excited!  I had FRESH SPINACH salad for a few days!!  I even got to share it with my friends.  They loved it! Here's a really bad picture of me with my friends on the night we ate it.  The "rings" are banana peppers from my garden patch!


Saturday night, the youth group had our first C.A.R.E. cell groups (life group, home group, small group, discipleship group- call it whatever name you want).  I currently have 5 girls and an apprentice in my group.  This is very exciting!  Now the students from age 14-20ish will be discipled more intentionally and have a place to really share their hearts.  To my knowledge, this has never happened here before.

I am not in charge of providing the curriculum for these groups-Tennie is.  But, I will help Tennie by covering her in prayer and helping her to find resources should she need me to.

This week, I have worked on finalizing the training materials for the upcoming teacher's seminar.  I just have to type up the information and create a powerpoint.  Easier said than done, for sure!

I am continuing to have guitar and voice lessons.  I can almost play two songs on the guitar.  I know the finger placements for the cords G, A, D, Em, and D#7.  In voice lessons, I am learning how to relax my vocal cords, how to identify notes by ear, and properly sing Amazing Grace.  I just need to practice- A LOT. :-)

Today, I started teaching Adult English Classes.  I currently have two students, but will hopefully have 3 or 4 more by next week.  I teach that class on Wednesday and Friday.

I work in my garden each day.  The kids LOVE to come help me.  One day I went out to work, planning on listening to a sermon and pray while I pulled out rocks and weeds.  Instead, I had an army of children take all my tools and use them properly while I just watched and directed!

Tuesday, the worship leadership team and I met to develop an application process.  Again, to my knowledge, there has not been an application for the worship team in the history of the ministry.  We are not just forming a new worship team, but we are mingling worship and intercession into a "Worship and Intercession Team."  Please pray that God puts the right people together.  Intercessors will be required to be at all worship practices and worship team meetings. We want to have a new team ready to go by the end of the month. This will take a miracle, but it is desperately needed.  Once this new team is in place, we can intensely disciple people in the heart of worship and in prayer.  I am heavily involved in this process.

Tomorrow, I will start attending an 8-day course in astronomy.  We will learn how to assemble a telescope, map the sky, sketch what we see, and attach scriptures to the constellations we observe.  I am excited about this, but honestly nervous about having enough time in a day to do it.

The Lord is victorious! Tonight, during worship, I was kneeling and singing. All of a sudden, my back popped!! I wasn't even moving at that moment! The Lord is my chiropractor!  I was overwhelmed with joy, so I started to dance. My back popped in a different place! The Lord is continuing His work to heal my back! He's not finished yet, but I am so excited! I will dance like David danced!


My back popping tonight reminded me of what He said a year ago when I was praying about coming here, "I've got your back."  He meant it in more ways than one.  One of the ways He meant it was for my physical healing.  But He also meant it as far as protection.  You, my dear readers, are in a place to partner with Him in causing His promise to come to pass.  As you pray, you cover my back.  Please do not stop praying.  I can't do anything without the Lord's help.  If He gives you a scripture, word, picture, prayer direction, etc, please send it to me so I can agree with it.  Thank you so much for your faithfulness to the Lord and to me.

1 comment:

  1. Rejoicing & Praising with you for what the Lord has done for you personally and through you in your many ministry gardens!!! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete