Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cave Woman Sighting

I emerged from my cave today for a temporary outing to a swimming pool.  I did not swim, but enjoyed the light of day and the companionship of Tita Pat.

At one point, I returned to my cave-woman tendencies by swinging on a vine.  Gripping a vine is not the same as gripping a computer or my hair.  I need some swinging practice.




I am going to Youth Camp, with or without the workbook finished.  I have about 20 pages left to create, then I have to edit and format the entire thing.  I think it will be close to 200 pages by the time I am done.  I will bring my computer with me to finish it there as well as leave a copy of my work behind for someone else to edit and or finish.

At Youth Camp, I will be speaking twice.  On Monday, my topic is "Destined to Rule."  On Wednesday, my topic is "Power Night."  I have no idea what I'm going to say! Holy Spirit, I trust you!

I would not have survived the week without my friends bringing me food, coming to hang out, and forcing me to take breaks.  Cheryl, Solomon, Dianne, Jen-Jen, and Janet were special expressions of Christ's love this week.  I'm going to miss them so much!

I also would not have survived without the sermons and music I have on my computer.  There were so many moments where I'd be working, listening to a sermon or a song, and just weep because of God's encouragement to me through it.  I am so grateful for the gift of technology!

At Youth Camp, I will not have internet access.  We will be sleeping in tents.  There are 80-100 youth/young adults scheduled to attend.  Please keep us in your prayers that God would encounter hearts in a lasting way.

It's time to return to my cave and see if I can finish this workbook.  We leave at 4am Monday morning.

PS I leave the Philippines May 7th and will be back in Texas on May 9th.  15 more days to Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment