Friday, April 1, 2011

Math Math Math

God loves math.  With Him, life adds up to joy!

Today marks my 10 "month-iversery" of being out of the United States.  I am so glad I left!  I am not the same person I was.  I am more joyful, more secure, and more in love with God than ever.  To explore God's heart, to truly know Him, is what this life is all about.

I've spent this entire last week working on revising the Math workbooks.  The old version's soft copy (electronic) format was lost.  So, there are three workbooks with about 133 pages each that need to be completely rewritten- including updating the graphics.  Finding graphics is the most tedious part of this job.  Today, one of my graphic designer friends volunteered to draw some of the graphics for this project and email them to me.

I am THRILLED!  This will help us sooo much to have all of the graphics at hand!  Even if he is able to only do a few graphics, that is a few less than what I will have to find or make on my own! :-)  God is good!

We have until April 30th to have the math books ready for print.  Between now and then, there are youth camps and multiple teacher trainings being conducted by us.  I will no longer being going to Nazarite Training due to the workbook deadline and the SSRW training I will be conducting next week.

Today, a group of 15 people from Bethel Church, California came to do a presentation for our kids.  They did puppet shows, bubbles, face painting, balloons, and prayed prophetically for the kids.  It was wonderful.  Tomorrow, they are conducting a "Youth Awakening" service all day long.  This is a WELCOME break from the Math books. :-)

Even for the short time they were here today (less than 3 hours), I was so refreshed.  This group of people oozes the presence of God.  I wish they could have stayed longer!  I wanted to hang out with them, be near them, and share stories with them.  I confess, it wasn't really about them, but about God in them.  They reminded me of Him.  I'm looking forward to the service tomorrow, for sure!

I have been so consumed with the math books- and a slow internet connection- that I haven't been able to upload pictures in a while.  When I get a chance, I have tons- from graduations, to silly times, to beautiful scenery, to swimming with Tina.  (Yes, I went swimming in a wading pool with Tina the other day!  I'm helping her learn how to float.)

Daily life update:  I am dancing almost daily, but with summer here, my voice and guitar lessons have stopped.  I still practice guitar occasionally, but never got good enough at singing to keep practicing without lessons.  Revising the workbooks has taken over my gardening time, too.  I hope to resume singing and guitar soon.

My math skills are telling me it's time for bed.  So, God bless you.  Thank you for your continual prayers for me.

I leave you with this thought: When David defeated Goliath, he wore no armor.  It was not because the armor Saul gave him didn't fit.  An army at war has armor of all sizes for all people. David wore no armor because God's Presence was his armor.  He needed nothing else.  He knew that no matter what protective clothing he wore, God's protection was better.  So, what are you doing to cultivate God's presence, your source of protection, in your life?

1 comment:

  1. Whirlwind again! Hahaha! So, I AM going to Nazarite training, after all! And the teacher training has been delayed, but I think by only a day or two. And the Bethel people blessed us and equipped us for POWERFUL ministry! Wooo!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete