Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Guatemala: The Next Foreign Adventure

Hello Blog world...

The last few months have been a whirlwind of adjusting back to American life, being a full-time graduate school student, and running my own tutoring company.

I leave in just a few days to go to Guatemala now.  (Trip dates: May 28-July 30.) While there, I will be teaching English as a Foreign Language to the police officers who guard tourists.  I will immerse with them, staying where they stay and going where they go. I will be in three different cities for 2-3 weeks at a time. It is sure to be an adventure!

Many people have asked me, "How did you find this opportunity?"  Well, last November, I asked my pastor if there was anywhere I could go to teach English for the summer. I wanted to go back to Argentina.  He replied stating that the chief of the tourism police in Guatemala had been praying for 3 years to have someone come teach English to his officers. So, with that, I became an answer to prayer.

The whole point of this trip is not just to teach English, but to show the country the love of Jesus.  May salvation come to the hearts of these precious people through this crazy endeavor.

I am now compiling teaching materials that will be easily transported and reusable.  It is my goal to plan for one city and reuse my lessons and materials for the next cities.  I am also learning as much as I can about the country and its people.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions regarding the details of this trip.  But I know one thing for sure: God goes before me, with me, and behind me.  I am never alone nor in need of something He cannot supply.

2 comments:

  1. Raymi I pray that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God, strengthened with all might according to His glorious power for all patience and longsuffering with JOY, giving thanks to the Father who has qualified YOU to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

    So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raymi,

    I have no doubt the Guatemalian police force will be challenged and blessed by your presence. Stay safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete