Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update on life

I know it's been a while since I've updated. I've gotten into a routine of sorts and am pretty focused on things here. It's good. :-)

I got to to go to a coffee shop the other night. It was on the fifth floor of a building in Calamba. The view was BEAUTIFUL! Check my facebook for the picture I took with my iphone. I haven't uploaded it to my computer yet so I can't post it here. Being above the pollution and crowds of the street was very nice. I definitely want to go there again.

I am loving teaching. That hasn't changed and I pray it never will. I've gotten to a place with my students where they are comfortable with me and will actually talk in class. When I go to pick up the kids from their classes, the other students beg to come with me. Hehehe. :-)

Last weekend, some missionaries came through to learn about the FAITH gardening program we have here. (Food Always In The Home) One of the missionaries is a pastor in Malaysia who reaches out to unreached people groups. She has 4 churches and some kindergarden schools for the poorest of the poor in Malaysia. I had the privilege of getting to talk with her for a long time before she left. Her main church is mostly youth and has a dance team. I would LOVE to go there one day. But, all in God's timing. :-)

The youth leaders from IFL had a meeting on Tuesday and we talked about where God wants us to go with discipling the youth group. I love God's irony. I am not a skilled singer and I do not know how to play an instrument. Yet, I am on the youth leadership team and will be leading a group on worship. Hahaha! Pray about the timing of when this will start. The people that have been picked to be in my group are teachers who are also enrolled in college. This means that their schedule is very limited.

I have been given a deadline for writing curriculum. I love deadlines! :-) They help me to work and focus so much better! They give direction and goals. Thank You Jesus for the conversation that created this one! :-) I am to work on a first draft for first grade curriculum and have it ready by November 1. Please please please pray for this!

I am such a social person and writing is such a solitary posture. Pray that I stay obedient and listening to Holy Spirit's leadings to come away to write. He is my Boss, my friends and I are not. I want to be a good steward of the time He has given me to pull away and write.

I have someone to teach me Tagalog now! :-) Mavick is a Filipino who is waiting for her visa to be approved in China. She comes on Thursdays and Fridays to assist and learn in my classroom. So, on Fridays, I have a private Tagalog lesson. :-)

I think I wrote in a last post about writing on the cover of my last journal "Victory over homesickness." I really have had victory over homesickness. Thank you so much for those of you who prayed for me during that time. I do not know when I am coming back to America. Please understand that. I will let you know when God lets me know.

Thank you so much for your prayers!!!!!! Let me know via email and facebook how I can pray for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment