Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'M GOING TO CHINA!!!

So, my alarm was going off this morning at 5:35am and I hit snooze for like the 6th time when Nancy oh-so- sweetly informed me of text.

"Judith texted me at 2am last night, "Tell Raymi she is going to Shanghai with me on Saturday and that she needs to get her visa application turned in today."

WHAT???!!!

Nancy read the text again. I shot out of bed and started screaming and dancing. I am soooo excited!!!!!

I knew this trip was taking place and have secretly been praying about joining them, but never mentioned it to anyone and never thought it would actually happen. It was just one of those, "I wonder if that could happen" kind of prayers, but never really a conversation piece between God and I. Unbeknownst to me, Judith, Tita Pat and Ros (the secretary) had been talking about it, too.

The purpose of the trip is to train the Chinese teachers to use the Sing, Spell, Read, and Write phonics program used in the preschool here. So, now, I have two days to learn the SSRW phonics curriculum and train someone to take over my class while I am gone. And I have 2 days to prepare spiritually for this trip. I know it is no accident that I am going. I am called to the nations of the earth and I know that this trip is just a cover up for what God wants to do in that nation. May HIS purposes prevail. I am praying that I have the opportunity to prayer walk while I am there.

I will be able to bring a personal Bible there. I will fly out on the 14th and Ate Ophel will pick me up from the airport. I will stay with her. Judith will join me on the 15th. The flight on the 15th is full, so I can't go with her. The training is from the 16th- 25th and I will return to Manila on the 26th. I have no idea what the internet connection will be like there or anything else. I don't even know anything about China!!! Hahaha!!! :-) The Lord is so fun!!!

Life is definitely an adventure!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Don't know anything about China???....they speak Chinese!!!! WOW what an opportunity! Soak up every minute of it sweetheart! dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I heard all of this before? hehe
    Hopefully you will have some way to keep in contact with us all!
    Praying...

    ReplyDelete