Monday, August 2, 2010

Class Begins

So, I haven't posted pictures. I've been a wee bit busy! :-)

I had my first day of classes yesterday! They went so well! I started the lessons with setting up expectations, interviewing kids, and letting them interview me. In a few classes, we got started with reading comprehension strategies. I LOVE TEACHING!!!! That is what I was born to do!

I also got to share with the teachers last night. That was a lot of fun. God has been speaking the same message to them over and over again. Last night was an opportunity/ requirement for them to act on it.

It's amazing how prayer and worship changes the atmosphere. I stated that last week was a breakthrough week. It really was! I now have a classroom, teaching materials, a schedule, a table in my classroom, a fan, and students! The Lord is soooo goood!!!!!!

I still need books to teach from, but the Lord has provided in a different way. I found class sets of unused workbooks in the library for Grades 1-4. They have stories in them (although it is sometimes difficult to find them) and I have been given permission to use these as my textbooks! I now just have to change my mindset so that I can utilize these books. That will not be too hard. And while I use these workbooks, I can focus on getting picture books and novels from the kids by doing some research across the Philippines.

This weekend, my roommates went to their homes in different provinces, so I was alone. It really was a blessing. I got to spend so much time with God! The culture here is a community culture so everyone kept thinking I was crazy to be alone. They don't understand that I lived alone for about a year and loved it (at least most of the time.)

I am still in the place of learning and applying the truth that God works in processes. I am also learning when to pray and when to say. James says that the tongue is a small thing but it directs the life of a person like the small rudder of a ship directs the entire ship. May my tongue only utter what the Lord speaks. And may my ears be so tuned in that I move at His whisper.

Oh, technology is AMAZING! I got to watch Gateway's sermon online this weekend!!! I also got to watch Monday night's Presbytery Service! I am blessed that I can still be connected to the "mother ship" even while sent on a mission. It's like Star Trek. I am away on mission, but still in communication with the command center. Watching the sermons and listening to the podcasts are like the wristwatches that throw up holographic images and communicate timely and needed messages. These messages are mission statements, changes to plans, and status checks. It does not make me homesick, it just makes me grateful that I am connected to something/ someOne bigger than myself.

Today I went to the Chiropractor again. AKA: the spa! God has His purposes in this! And it is so much more than just for my healing... I got to share the gospel with at least two people while I waited for 2 1/2 hours to be picked up. I did not really enjoy waiting for so long, but seeing things from God's perspective makes the smallest inconveniences worth it.

Tomorrow (Wednesday), I get to participate in making a movie! I'm going to be famous!!! Haha, not really! I have been selected to be a part of a Brain Galaxy Memorizing Training. The guy will train me with nemonic devices for memory for two hours then film me (and some others) for an advertising video on YouTube. He'll take the training and the video to Malaysia soon afterwards. I'm excited to have this training, even more than being a YouTube celebrity. (Hehehe!)

Love to all and thank you so much for your continued prayers. It REALLY does make a difference in how things go here.

3 comments:

  1. Pray or say? That really sunk in after we spoke. It is a skill I have to intentionally work to develop! Thank you for speaking into my life Raymi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report! "He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9 & Job 9:10 YEAH GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have grown and experienced so much already! We pray without ceasing for you and your school....thanks for sharing, we love you mom & dad.

    ReplyDelete