Monday, July 19, 2010

Typhoon Pictures

Hello everyone! Here are pictures from the typhoon last week. I look at these and think about the word "typhoon" and realize you are probably freaking out that I had to endure this. Please understand, it was HILARIOUS! I wasn't a bit scared and laughed the whole night. The Philippines usually get 20 typhoons per rainy season. Only 19 more to laugh through! :-)


Water in our hallway.



This was a video, but it takes so long to load I posted it as a picture instead. This is Judith scooping water with a tupperware lid into a plastic tub. We then dumped the water into the bathroom so it could go down the shower drain.





Attempting to keep it from raining inside. See video below. (Maybe... I waited over two hours to load and then cancelled it because I needed sleep. Maybe it went through anyway?) :-) I'm putting tape across the type of the door to hold up the contact "paper" we took off of the dishes cabinet.

Sorry this one is sideways... I don't know how to fix that yet. But this is of Judith and Nancy trying to put up contact "paper" over the raining door. Judith is the shortest out of all of us and is standing on a nightstand. I am the tallest and just taking pictures. Haha!



The finished product! Tada!!


Thumb tacks used to hold the curtain in place over the window that was broken. School supplies = typhoon supplies! :-)


Typhoon Flooding in my room.

1 comment:

  1. You are the MacGyver of the Philippines! Was great to chat this morning as brief as it was.

    ReplyDelete