Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Breakthrough

I just finished reading a book called, "The Promise No One Wants." I think it was written for me.

God promises to shake everything that can be shaken until what is eternal remains. I think that's what the last season was about. Right before a breakthrough is when things are the worst. In order to have a breakthrough, some things must break.

God speaks to me through my journal covers. Whatever journal I'm in usually characterizes the seasons of my life. I just finished a journal. On the outside, there is 1 Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God! HE gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." After filling up the pages last night, I wrote: 9-2-10 through 9-20-10 Victory over being homesick.

Something broke in me this last week and the threat of being forever homesick left. Thank you so much for your prayers. I know that's the reason for overcoming.

In other news:

Janet and Richard have moved to the cottages. They were only here (as my roommates) for a week, but Richard feels much more comfortable not being the only guy with grown women. But before they left my apartment, they somehow got the staff to put internet in our apartment. So now I have wi-fi in my room!!!! :-) I am SOOOOO excited about this!! And it is a REALLY good connection! Thank You Jesus for sending Janet and Richard! Haha!

The day after they moved out, I got a different roommate. Janie and her boyfriend Chris are at IFL for two months to help with medical things and just to serve wherever they can. Janie is staying with me and Chris is staying in one of the cottages with another guy. They are from Seattle. It is so great to have an American my age here! I love the Filipino friends I have here, but being able to talk in American slang not worry about being misunderstood is wonderful! :-)

Today was A HUGE breakthrough for Tina!! Tina learned how to cut with scissors today!! I started working with Tina this week on SSRW stuff. The workbook requires the kids to cut and paste. I started thinking if Tina could do this. So, I found a pair of scissors which has holes the right size and shape for her toes. I held the paper while she moved her toes to cut it. She cut paper for an hour and a half! During a lot of that time, I had to teach another class, so Janie held the paper for her while I taught. You can see pictures of this below.

Then, Tina wanted us to try. We said that we knew how to use scissors. She said, "No, you, Ma'am. You toes!" We each tried and couldn't even get our toes to open the scissors a little bit! Hahaha!

No one had even had her try this before! Can you imagine being 16 years old and never even trying to cut paper? She was so excited and proud of herself! I am too!!! So now I have a goal of getting her to be able to accurately cut things out of her workbook with minimal help. She can already cut in a straight line and these were horrible scissors!







Oh, I just got word that we are going to have three more roommates swing by for a few days. Our house is the revolving door! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment