Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Routines again (hopefully)

Ok, so I realize that after my last "profound" blog, you all want to know what I am doing on a daily basis, too. I don't plan on this entry being as deep as the last one, but, who knows?! There may be nuggets of profoundness here, too.

Random sadness: I lost my camera. I still have my iPhone camera, but it is not the same as the 7 megapixel jewel I had before. I was on the jeepnee two weeks ago and I think someone swiped it from my purse. There was a lady sitting next to me who had an umbrella that overlapped with my purse and I felt something shift. I thought it was just her shifting, but I think she shifted to reach in and grab my camera. Either that or it got left on an IFL bus somewhere, but no one has seen it. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy another one yet or wait a little longer to see if it shows up. At least I had downloaded all of my important pictures. It just stinks, because the memory card in that was a gift and cameras here are more expensive than in the states. (Now, I don't need anyone sending me a camera cuz you'd spend more on shipping than on the camera itself!)

A few days before the conference last week, a small mission group came to visit IFL. I think I mentioned them in my last post. Marlis and Donald Shamblin and Kay Heinz are here to minister to the staff and kids at IFL. They have been like a breath of fresh air for me!! Marlis is an intercessor and it has been an incredible privilege to talk with her about what God is doing and saying. She (and the others) is currently in Mindinao (South Philippines) helping with the educator's conference there, but will back Saturday. When she gets back, she wants to spend extended time with me. I am so excited! Words do not do justice to express how encouraged I am by this group's presence. We needed and need them.

Saturday, I was feeling CRAZY homesick. I had not talked to my mom in forever. I had slept through breakfast, so there was not food for me. That morning, however, the guests were served later and invited me to have breakfast with them. I love how God provides! :-) As we were talking, Marlis asked about my mom and I just started weeping. Marlis and Donald then just hugged me and prayed for me. It was amazing. God knew what I needed and surprised me with meeting that need. Marlis prophesied over me, too. This brought so much encouragement and vision and purpose. Her prayers for me even brought breakthrough into the strategy of how to do things here. An hour later, I was able to skype with my mom and dad and spend the rest of the day being held by Jesus. I miss being mothered.

I am not always homesick. It comes in waves. I have to daily (and sometimes moment by moment) remind myself of what I said before I left... There is nothing left for me to do in the way of ministry in the states. (At least not right now.) Yes, people I love and adore are there, but if I were supposed to be there, I would be. I'd rather be in the will of God than in my own will. I'm on this earth to expand the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, not to expand my comforts. Many of you are asking if I will still come home at Christmas. I don't know yet. I am still praying about that. I'll know when I need to know, but right now, I don't need to know, so I don't know. Would I like to be there? Heck yes!!!!!!! But it's not my will, it's God's will that I live for.

Sunday night, Marlis and Kay set up a "Wedding Feast" for the women and talked to us about how we all sparkle. We talked about the marriage supper of the Lamb from the book of Matthew and had cake and ice cream. We made "Son" Catchers. :-) I have mine hanging in my classroom. It's so cute! This night was very special for all of us.

I am back into teaching. I have 6 classes spread out over two days and I try to teach Tina (the girl with no arms and no legs) every day. So, I see grades 1, 4, and 6 on Monday/Wednesday, along with teaching Tina. I see grades 3, 2, 5 on Tuesday/Thursday along with teaching Tina. Between classes, I do research for the reading comprehension program and check emails/facebook. In the afternoons, I take a nap, do pilates, and intercede for IFL/the nation/ whatever is on God's heart. I try to find something fun to do in the evenings, but usually just get back on facebook. lol.

Last night, I spoke/led the campus' prayer meeting. I talked about how it's ok to be mad at God as long as you tell Him about it. And I talked about how sometimes we need to forgive God. It's not that He sinned against us, but that we didn't understand His actions and we got upset at Him. When we forgive Him, then we are able to come to a place of understanding and unity with Him. His plan is best, even if we do not understand it.

I found an amazing website on Reading Comprehension Curriculum! I now just have to take the information from it and a few other sources and rewrite it in a way that ESL teachers can understand and follow it. This will be a LONG process and I do not expect to have this completed any time soon.

I hope to start training teachers again, soon, but I'm not sure when that will happen. Everyone here is so busy; it's hard to coordinate schedules. I want to share things per grade level- not with the whole school, but I don't know how to do this yet. Also, the "authorities" here that can help me to set this up are very difficult to get ahold of themselves. I still have not even shared/debriefed about China yet. And I'm not sure that I will.

Please keep praying for me. It's your prayers mixed with mine that are creating even the small breakthroughs and helping my attitude to stay positive.

Please also pray for my health. I am tired all of the time, even when I get enough sleep, take my vitamins, do my exercises, and spend time in the Word/worship. I don't know if this is just my body catching up to the emotional rollercoaster of being away, a reaction to the daily learning process, or if this is something I really need to look into. Maybe I just need even more sleep.

As always, if the Lord gives you a word to share with me, PLEASE share it. I am open to correction, encouragement, direction, whatever so long as it comes from the Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Raymi remember to step back sometimes and look at what you have done already! I know that you do have a mountain in front of you, but you have already covered so much ground and passed over lots of the foothills. This is all building your endurance and strength for the mountain. You have done so much in less than a quarter of a year. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tickled to read how the visiting mission team ministered to you, the missionary. If you don't mind, I would love to use your comments (with appropriate credits) to counter the nay-sayers of STM (short-term missions).

    Praying for wisdom concerning your fatigue. May the Lord give you an a timely answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you daily here at home! I too have been dependending on the prayers and kindness of others so much! In all you do for god and others remember you too are an important soul who is loved!!!

    ReplyDelete