Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No School does not = No Work

This week, I asked if there was anything I could do to help prepare for the conference this Thursday/Friday. That single question created a huge mess, but will produce wonderful results.

I inventoried at LEAST 500 educational products/toys. Many of these products were then distributed into 130 bags to be handed out to the teachers attending the conference. I stayed up till 3am last night to just get to a stopping spot. We finished up this morning.

I went to the chiropractor this afternoon, but was not able to get adjusted. I just got an amazing massage that helped put me back in order. Now, I am updating everyone, asking them to pray for this conference before I go to bed. We have to get up at 4am to leave by 5:30am. Many people are pulling all nighters to get things finished.

Rest is the mechanism by which I am empowered to do and be all that God has planned. And it is also the mechanism by which I am prevented from being a grouchy jerk. So, I am not staying up with them but will pray for them. I am to entertain the guests tomorrow and if I am grouchy, I will not be worth my weight in mud.

But please pray that this conference goes smoothly and that all of God's plans and purposes prevail. About 400 teachers are expected to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment