Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A new kind of normal

Everyday is such an adventure here. Sometimes, so much happens in one day that I don't know where to begin in describing it. And sometimes, something happens but there is no understanding so I wait for an explanation and none comes. I guess this is a new kind of normal.

I had the privilege of holding a 12 month old this week. I was walking around with him and everyone was asking if he was mine. No worries! I haven't adopted anyone YET! It felt so good to hold a baby. :-) I love kids! Baby Gabriel is the middle child of a woman who wants to turn her life around, so she came here on Monday. She left her three kids here while she took care of some business. I think she took the kids back today. It will be better for them if they are with their mom. She has a two week old, Gabriel, and Alex who is 3.

Marlis, Donald and Kay left on Tuesday. I am sad to see them go, but was incredibly blessed by their ministry; I am just grateful that they came. I was able to have some time with Marlis before they left- even though it wasn't nearly enough. She prayed with me and encouraged me in the Lord so much!

The night they left, my new roommates arrived. Janet and Richard (a married couple- Janet from Singapore, Richard from England) are here to help the women with their jewelry making business and to develop an energy efficient means of water pumping as well as making electricity. As with any new roommates, there is an adjusting phase. I can no longer do my pilates in their room or hang my laundry there to dry. lol. I am excited they are here. I am looking forward to getting to know them. I am also excited about what they will bring to the ministry here at IFL. Their services are so needed!

Classes are going well. I am building relationships with the students and it makes class much easier. I love teaching! I finally have an oscillating fan in my classroom, too! :-) It makes it SO much cooler in there! Being here makes me so grateful for just the little things in life. :-)

I went to get my visa extended today and go to the chiropractor. My back is ok...but Friday I had such a bad headache that I stayed in bed most of the day. The headache was more from my muscles being stiff/tight than from my spine being out of alignment. I still know that the Lord is going to heal me, but I also see His purpose in sending me to the chiropractor. He is good and I trust Him. I want His will, not mine. And I LOVE the luxury of going to the chiro! :-)

Please continue to pray for this reading program I am developing. I really need to teach the teachers what I am doing so they can do it in their classrooms. The problem is finding the time that the teachers can meet. Many of them are also in school. I also need to just start writing. I have a little direction, but my schedule keeps changing so I haven't jumped in yet. I resumed classes with Tina this week, so that takes away some of the time that I had planned on writing curriculum. Oh well... I'll figure it out.

Please pray that even with the constant changes here, I would know how to continue to sneak away to be with Jesus. There are moments that I fight homesickness, but the more I am with Him, the less homesick for America I am and the more homesick I am for heaven.

As always, if any of you have a word, vision, specific prayer, I am open to receiving it. But I also would love to hear how I can pray for you. Your prayers fuel what I am doing here. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment